March 14, 2022
March 18, 2022
AddressKN1 Avenue, Quartier de Kiyovu, Kigali ONOMO Hotel View map
DATE OF THE TRAINING: March 14, 2022, until March 18, 2022
TRAINING CATEGORY: PLS CADD TRAINING
ELIGIBILITY: Open for all nationalities
TRAINING PROVIDERS: EFLA consulting engineers in partnership with Nziza Training Academy
TRAINING LOCATION: Kigali city – Rwanda
ADDRESS: KN1 Avenue, Quartier de Kiyovu, Kigali ONOMO Hotel
Most of engineering sectors throughout the world are experiencing a shortage of competent engineers to execute complex projects. It is essential for engineers to continuously increase their knowledge on evolving engineering techniques and technologies. Power line designers must be familiar with commonly used design software to enable them to perform necessary evaluations to determine the suitability of a design to satisfy statutory requirements as well as optimize designs thereby reducing capital costs.
The training will be conducted by engineers from EFLA consulting engineers who are accredited trainers in PLSCADD and agents for PLSCADD in the Nordic countries. Our courses are both for beginners and advanced users of PLS-CADD software. The instructors are experienced in engineering and design and have decades of experience using and teaching PLS.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is intended for all line design engineers who currently use or are planning to use PLS-CADD software.
The attendees should have a basic understanding of power line design and the process and concepts involved. The course is focused on the use of PLS-CADD and no prior knowledge of PLS-CADD required. The course does not cover the fundamentals of line design; however, a separate course is available
HOW LONG IS THE COURSE?
The training will focus on use and understanding of the software. It is estimated that the course will cover one week, 8 hours per day. This is a hands-on course and delegates will be given examples to complete with support from the instructors.
SOFTWARE TO BE TRAINED:
PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE and TOWER.
Provide delegates an in-depth understanding on the PLS suite of software and line optimization using PLSCADD. The course will also teach delegates how to setup a project in PLSCADD, tower spotting to obtain an optimum line design and tower positioning. The course also covers engineering checks to ensure the line is compliant to statutory requirements and the creation of construction documentation to facilitate line construction activities. This course takes you on the complete steps in your learning journey, teaching you from the basic skills you need to start and finish any lines project in energy sector.
This course will teach how to use PLS-CADD on a transmission or distribution lines project from start to finish, including importing survey data, criteria development, structure design, conductor sagging and Plan, Profile drawing development and plotting.
Practice your new skills and test your knowledge with exercises and challenging assignments. The course has practical activities requiring hands-on participation by the attendees who will complete assignments during the course thereby cementing their knowledge of the software.
It is expected that each attendee will have their own PC with the latest version of PLS-CADD loaded.
WHAT WILL BE THE OUTCOME?
The course lessons are project-oriented to enable delegates with the necessary tools and knowledge to setup, complete a PLSCADD project for tower spotting, and line optimization. Delegates will obtain practical experience in the use of PLSCADD suite of software.
PLS approved EFLA Consulting Engineers will deliver this course.
EFLA Consulting Engineers are comprised of Norwegian PLS approved instructors as they are found in our team of instructors assigned to this course.
Certificates of attendance will be provided in a week after the training closure via attendee’s email.
EFLA has the skills and competencies to deliver it at highest standard, and appropriate presentations will be created for the course.
Exercises and examples will be provided were possible to enforce the understanding of the software.
Overview and Terrain Modeling
- PLS-CADD system overview
- Presentation of projects
- How to organize project files
- View commands, opening of windows, viewing of phases and sags
- Needed terrain data and surveying
- Prepare a terrain model
LiDAR Aerial Surveying
- How to use 3-dimensional survey data
- Building design models from LiDAR data
- Identifying clearance limits and potential for clearance upgrades
- Weather data
- Wind and ice loads: gust response factors, etc.
- Conductor limits of use
- Conditions for automatic sagging
- Structure loads and safety factors
- Conditions for checking clearances
- PLS-CADD/LITE: simplified PLS-CADD module
Structures Modeling by Allowable Spans
- Available structure models – allowable spans method – full analysis method
- Create and edit allowable span structures
Interactive Line Design
- Spot structures interactively
- String and sag conductors
- Check clearances: vertical, between phases, galloping, etc.
- Check overall design efficiency
Generate Construction Documents
- Plan-and-profile sheets, staking lists, stringing charts, offset clipping, etc.
Modeling of Poles
- Overview of PLS-POLE program capabilities
- Linkage between PLS-CADD and PLS-POLE
- Create and edit wood, steel and concrete poles/frames
- Determining allowable spans of existing structure designs
Automatic Optimum Spotting
- Theory and examples
Detailed Tower Models
- Overview of TOWER program capabilities
- Linkage between PLS-CADD and TOWER
- Design a lattice column/ tower using TOWER
|08:30||00:30||Introductions + Logistics + course outline|
|09:00||00:30||PLS-Suite of Software|
|09:30||00:30||PLS-CADD Preferences, menus, file types|
|10:15||00:30||PLS-CADD menus continued. File structure, Criteria + FEA table|
|12:15||00:30||Creating stick models|
|08:30||00:45||Complete PFL project|
|09:15||00:45||Clearance checks, sag tension reports|
|10:15||01:30||3D design project|
|12:15||00:20||Auto Spotting setup|
|08:30||00:45||Multiple Alignments + Line crossings|
|09:15||00:45||Introduction to PLS-POLE and menus|
|10:15||01:30||PLS-POLE – component libraries and geometry|
|12:15||00:30||PLS-POLE modelling and analysis|
|08:30||00:45||M4 Structures in PLS-CADD|
|09:15||00:45||Introduction to TOWER|
|10:15||00:30||Tower Loading files|
|10:45||01:00||Create a Tower model|
|12:15||00:30||Create a Tower model|
|08:30||01:30||Tower modelling, tower sections and analysis|
|11:00||00:25||Importing other terrain data, images|
- The course will be conducted in English.
- The course will take the form of a lecture focusing on core concepts of PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE and TOWER. Students will be given exercises to follow and complete during the day and will be assisted by the trainers when needed.
- The class will be held from 8:00 AM to 16:00+ PM (Central European Summer time CEST: UTC+2) Monday through Friday.
- Each day will consist of a short recap followed by a lecture and practical exercises for the delegates to complete. Exercises will consist of setting up design criteria, tower spotting, creation of construction documents, use of PLS Pole to create a steel or wood pole structure and PLS Tower to create sections of a lattice tower.
- The course will provide the delegates with the necessary tools and knowledge to setup and complete a PLSCADD project for tower spotting and line optimization.
- Upon completion of the course, students will receive a certificate of attendance issued by EFLA Consulting Engineers.
WHAT WILL BE THE TRAINING PRICE?
The Training Payment Is two thousand and five hundred US dollars (2500 USD) per person with taxes, breakfast, lunch, and course materials included.
The payment must be delivered before March 01, 2022 to be able to make it to the confirmed list of attendees.
The training dates can be changed due to serious circumstances and once happens, it will be communicated in the right time.
For the payment details, contact the responsible staff on call/WhatsApp: +250 785 568 718 or email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS TRAINING?
Follow this link: https://nzizatraining.ac.rw/register/ in the course option, choose Design of Overhead Powerlines.
WHAT ELSE COULD YOU DO AFTER YOUR TRAINING IN KIGALI – RWANDA?
Rwanda lies just south of the Equator, in the heart of Africa. In the space of a week, it is possible to experience an extraordinary range of wildlife and landscapes thanks to the country’s relatively small size and biodiversity.
Known as the land of a thousand hills, Rwanda’s stunning scenery and warm, friendly people offer unique experiences in one of the most remarkable countries in the world. It is blessed with extraordinary biodiversity, with incredible wildlife living throughout its volcanoes, montane rainforest and sweeping plains.
Here are top 10 interesting things in Rwanda
Full information about visiting Rwanda
Read here 17 amazing facts about Rwanda