CategoriesCivil and Infrastructure
As urban and residential areas grow, addressing the layouts and configurations for modern, sustainable design becomes mandatory. We teach you these tools to optimize your civil highway and road designs for efficiency and safety while minimizing project costs. Practice real-world design and production workflows with hands-on exercises and datasets so that you can practice as you learn. As a result, you will deliver stronger, more robust designs that meet project requirements.
What you will learn:
- Download, create, analyze, and adjust survey data.
- Streamline the transfer of field-captured data to the office.
- Creation dynamic and flexible 3D models of road corridors.
- Simulate driving through the corridor and visually evaluate sight distance and influence analysis.
- Create dynamic models of 3-way (t-shaped) or 4-way intersections.
- Model roundabouts according to standards that blend with existing or planned roads.
- Automate assembly generation for your rehab corridor design model.
- Optimize mill and overlay to balance costs vs. Performance.
- Use materials information to create reports for volumes along an alignment, comparing design and existing ground surfaces, and quantity takeoff.
- Create plan production sheets that automatically display station ranges of alignments and profiles that are based on predefined areas along an alignment.
- Conceptual design for theme palettes, cross-section views, component roads, roadside grading, roundabout design and component-based bridge design.
- Analysis and simulation including traffic simulation and mobility simulation.
- Visualization of photorealistic, storyboarding and animations including snapshot views, animations, perspective views, and fly-throughs.
- Vehicle swept path analysis, evaluate safety standards compliance, parking lot design, and roundabout design.
Download a course brochure to know the requirements to enroll.